Cambridge Class at Watertown
Scottish Country Dancing with the Cambridge Class
- Live music every week
- Beginners welcome - No partners necessary
- Parties and balls throughout the year
- Please bring flat, soft-soled shoes (sneakers OK)
- 7:45 - 8:00 warmups
- 8:00 - 8:45 two classes: Essentials and Experienced
- 8:45 - 9:00 break
- 9:00 - 10:00 social dancing for all
ZoomFor dancers who cannot attend in person, we will broadcast classes via Zoom on the LAST Monday of each month.
- Dancers from the Boston area and beyond are welcome to attend by Zoom
- To request the Zoomlink, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambridge Class in-person indoor dancing COVID-19 Policy (effective May 1, 2023)
All in-person participants (dancers, non-dancers and musicians)
- COVID vaccination requirement: All in-person participants 6 months and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID. There is no requirement for a booster. (“Fully vaccinated” as defined by CDC guidelines.)
- Masks: Mandatory on the first Monday of the month and optional on all other Mondays.
- Have symptoms: Participants will not attend if they recently tested positive for COVID or are experiencing any symptoms that might be related to COVID or some other communicable disease (e.g., sore throat, cough, fever, sneezing, breathing difficulties, body aches).
- Test positive for COVID: If participants test positive for COVID after attending Monday night dancing, they will send an email to CambridgeClass@RSCDSboston.org, and the class president will inform Cambridge Class dancers by email (without mentioning names).
New in-person participants only
- Proof of vaccination: Vaccination card (original, copy or photo) or Massachusetts digital app is required. We will record that your vaccination status was checked. We will not collect copies of any records.
- Attestation of adherence to COVID policy: You will be asked to sign a form confirming that you have read and will adhere to the Cambridge Class COVID Policy. Adults bringing a child for the first time will be required to sign on behalf of the child.
The Cambridge Class COVID policy may be revised and mandatory mask wearing reinstated on all Monday evenings if COVID risk levels increase, or local, state or CDC guidelines change.
- At the door: $10.00 Full-time students: $5.00
- 4-month season pass (May 2023 - Aug 2023): $128
- 12-month season pass (Sept 2022 - Aug 2023): $370
- Class parties: Boston Branch members $12.00 / General $15.00
Remote (Zoom) participants
- Suggested donation: $4 per class
Alphabetical and chronological listings of dances from prior classes and social hour programs.
Recordings of classes
Recordings of classes held over the summer (May - August 2020) and our "Focus on Form" classes are available on the movie gallery page.
Fun, friendship, and great music await!
Cambridge Class Committee continues to monitor the COVID situation. Plans may have to change accordingly.
Every Monday night, 7:45 to 10:00
No dance on Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the Monday between Christmas and New Years.
We meet on Monday holidays such as Martin Luther King Day, and President's Day
202 Arlington Street
On-street parking available on Arlington Street and nearby side streets
#71 bus from Harvard Square