Pinewoods Sessions 2024
Scottish Session I: July 5-8, 2024
Save the dates for 2024! Scottish sessions for 2023
are now in the past. Watch this site for information for
2024 as it becomes available, or
sign up for breaking news for Branch events as
it becomes available.
Scottish Session II: July 8-13, 2024
The Following information is from Scottish sessions 2023.
Scottish Session I: July 7-10, 2023
Join us in 2023 in the woods of Plymouth for Scottish dancing
beneath the tall pines. You'll enjoy dance and music classes
during the day and a dance party every night, plus
after-parties, auctions, ceilidhs (known to the outside world
as talent shows), and more!
Scottish Session II: July 10-15, 2023
Each year there is a theme for the week's events. This year's theme is "Dance Your Heart Out!" This theme will be dance based. (Think along the lines of Haunted House for Ferla Mor and Carnival for Saint Andrew's Fair.... More specific details to come. We know you're eager to get those costumes ready!.
The dates and costs of the sessions are as follows:
|Session||Dates||Price (check)||Price (electronic payment)|
|Session 1||July 7-10||
|Session 2||July 10-15||
|Both sessions||July 7-15||
All pricing includes the aforementioned $50 deposit per session, payable electronically or by check or money order. If you are accepted to camp, the balance will be due in June with Camper Surveys.
RSCDS members, we will subtract $25 from the relevant price to account for membership discount. RSCDS membership must be active as of July 8, 2023.
The electronic payment price reflects a 3% credit card processing fee.
There will be an additional fee for online payment, but you are always welcome to send a check. The online application form will prompt you as to whether you wish to send a check or pay electronically.
Pinewoods camp COVID policy
Pinewoods Camp, Incorporated has set the COVID policy for sessions. The camp COVID policy can be found here
2023 Teaching and music staff
- Bruce Herbold (San Francisco)
- Charles Liu (Boston)
- Jennifer Schoonover (Boston) doing both highland and conditioning, back by popular demand
- A special, exciting teacher from Scotland, specializing in older traditions and more social dancing
- Tom Pixton on accordion, piano (Music Director, Boston)
- Elizabeth Anderson on fiddle (Boston)
- Peter MacFarlane on fiddle (Vermont)
- Ben Anderson on cello (Boston)
- Beth Murray on piano (Boston)
- Barbara Pixton on bass, piano (Boston)
- Stephen Thomforde, Session 1 pipes (Boston)
- Nate Silva, Session 2 pipes (Boston)
- Sue Chari and John Crabtree on sound
- Plus two returning favorites: On fiddle (Scotland), On piano (Norway)
Documents for 2023
- Online application form
- Camper jobs list
- Evening dance diagrams (session I) and (session II)
- Evening dance notes (session I) and (session II)
- Evening combined notes and diagrams (session I) and (session II)
- Session I dances/notes/diagrams on strathspey.org
- Session II dances/notes/diagrams on strathspey.org
- If you are using the Mobile SCD App, the lists are session I: 41735, session II: 41736
- Party planner
- Class descriptions (coming soon)
- Class selection for campers
- What to bring
- Hospitality and rides coordinator (Coming soon)
- Dances taught
- Pinewoods Gazette *
* A printed copy of the Gazette will be available to each camper upon arrival.
This year a customized, prefilled accepted camper form is being emailed to campers who are accepted to Pinewoods Scottish Sessions. Please contact us if you have any questions or wish us to send you another link to the form.